Terms & Conditions
Conditions of booking
1. Provisional bookings are accepted on the basis that the deposit is received within 3 working days; otherwise the provisional booking may be cancelled without further notice.
2. To confirm the booking, pay a non-refundable deposit of £150. Pay the full remaining balance not less than 10 weeks before the booked arrival date. If a booking is made less than one month before the start of a holiday, the full amount is payable immediately to confirm the booking. If full payment is not received 10 weeks prior to the start of the booking period, the owners reserve the right to refuse entry, cancel the booking and re-let the property to alternative guests. We will always try really hard to contact you before such action is taken.
3. If you have any reason to cancel your booking, you will forfeit a significant proportion of your payment. 80% is forfeited for cancellations up to 89 days prior to the start of the booking period. 90% is forfeited for cancellations up to 10 days prior to the start of the booking period. We regret that we cannot make any refund if you cancel within 10 days of your arrival.
4. The Water Cabin is not a party venue. Rather, it is a self catering holiday home. Whilst we appreciate that you may want to invite additional guests to visit or for dinner, parties are not permitted. For clarity, if you wish to invite more than 4 adult guests at any one time to the Water Cabin please contact us directly to discuss your plans.
5. Pay a £150 damage deposit for the Water Cabin, returnable to you in full once you have vacated the property and no damage has been found. In the event of finding any damage we will contact you and provide photographic evidence of damage. If you opt to pay the damage deposit via card this can be done before arrival via a pre-authorisation against your card of the sum of £200. This is released after 10 day as long as not damage has been found.
6. Guests may arrive after 4.00pm on the specified arrival date and collect keys from the key safe. Please vacate the property by 10.30am on the final day of your holiday.
7. To leave the property clean and tidy, with full the inventory and reimburse the owners for any breakages, loss or damage.
8. To use the property solely for its purpose as self-catering holiday accommodation and to accept the owners’ right to refuse entry to the property any person considered to be unsuitable.
9. Dogs (and any other pets) are not permitted in the Water Cabin.
10. Smoking is not allowed in the property. The cost of de-fumigating may be passed on to you. Smoke, heat and CO detectors must not be tampered with or batteries removed.
11. Children under 14 must be supervised at all times when outside as the property is adjacent to the river.
12. That the owners shall not be held responsible or liable for any accident, loss or mishap to persons or property whilst on or using the premises, or from any illness or injury arising from any cause whatsoever, unless you can prove that the injury or illness was caused by a lack of reasonable care by the owner.
13. The owner and their agents reserve the right to enter the property for the purposes of immediate inspection and / or repair at all times.
14. In the event of breach of any of these conditions by the client or guest, the owners reserve the right to terminate this agreement and to enter the property.
15. To accept that should the property become unavailable or unsuitable for letting subsequent to the booking, through any cause, the owners’ liability shall be limited to the amount of rent paid. The owners and agent will make efforts to find a suitable alternative property but guests/clients will have no further claim against the owners or agent.
16. If you are booking the Water Cabin and you are a single sex group please call us to discuss this in advance. We reserve the right to refuse a single sex group entry, unless agreed in advance.
17. We suggest you take out travel insurance in the event of bad weather or illness. Booking Protection Insurance is an option with your booking, please ask us for details.